Dear Hiring Manager:
With over 14 years of Information Technology experience and 7 years in the U.S. Navy, I bring a unique set of skills including Business/Application Analysis, Technical Customer Support, Process Improvement, and System Administration. After earning an Associate’s Degree as an Internet Specialist, I pursued further education at DeVry University, completing my degree in Technical Management. Course curriculum included Business Application Programming, Web Application Development, Web Interface Design, Database and Project Management. At this point in my career, I am a seeking a new challenge with long-term growth opportunities and am very interested in transitioning to a Junior Front End Developer role. In the past 13 years, I have provided IT support to 520+ users at (company confidential - available upon request) and over 100 Chicago 911 operators at the City of Chicago Office of Emergency Management. These roles demanded an urgent response, knowledge of systems and applications, multi-site hardware/ software deployment, and the ability to work collaboratively with others. Previously, I supported IBM in developing custom queries and reports for the market intelligence team. In addition to my experience, education, and initiative, I bring a broad range of skills that include the ability to:
- Assess complex situations and select the right course of action.
- Gain the trust of people at all levels and communicate effectively with end-users.
- Produce high-quality, customized deliverables under aggressive deadlines.
- Stay on-task and on-time despite shifting priorities and changing needs.
- Embrace change and readily adapt to new projects, technologies, and tools.
- Get to the cause of a problem and solve difficult business issues.
- Work well independently or as part of a team effort.
- Capable of taking on leadership roles and added responsibilities.
Through diligence and focus, I have excelled in my pervious positions and will bring that same outstanding work ethic to your organization. The resume page presents my experience in greater detail. An opportunity to discuss my candidacy is greatly appreciated, and I can make myself available for an interview at your convenience.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.